Animal and protein production at GFIA Abu Dhabi
What can you see?
The Animal and Protein Production Zone will include a showcase of stud and pedigree livestock such as the hardy Boer goats, calf camels and dairy cattle, as well as a comunity of suppliers presenting solutions in animal feed, disease management, reproduction, nutrition and new protein production.
Who can you meet in this sector? View the full exhibtior list.
Solution providers such as Ocean Harvest, Agritom (Agrimakina), AlphaAgro, Wadi Feed, Natural StockCare, Al Wadi Poultry Company, Emirates Food Industries, National Feed & Flour, Fodder Solutions, Gruppo Carli, Natural Stock Care, Nutriplus, Biotechimpulse, Lakto, Bord Na Mona, The Netherlands Veterinary Medicines Authority, In Ovo, Engender Technologies, nextProtein and YNSECT.
Plus buyers already confirmed to attend include:
- National Aquaculture Group
- Al Ain Dairy
- Al Safi Dairy
- Emirates Modern Poultry Co.
- Al Jazira Agriculture Company
- Oman Fisheries Company
- Al’Safwah Dairy
- Sohar Poultry
- Al Marai Dairy Farm
- Al Safi Danone
- Al Watania Poultry
- NADEC Foods
- Al Rawdah
- Al Rawabi Dairy
- Al Muha Dairy
- General Poultry Company
- Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority
What can you learn in the main conference? View the full programme
The Main Stage on 21 March will feature two conference sessions in the space of animal production.
14:00 - 14:45 Future-proofing animal health
This session will provide delegates with an opportunity to hear best practice from experts and industry leaders and discuss the outlook for animal health in view of disease threats and antimicrobial resistance.
- Reducing the need for and use of antimicrobials on the farm - Dr. Hetty van Beers-Schreurs, Managing Director, The Netherlands Veterinary Medicines Authority (SDa)
- Solutions for securing livestock health - Dr Salama Al Muhairi, Director of Veterinary Laboratories Department, Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA)
- Challenges and opportunities for building resilient animal health systems using the ‘One Health’ approach in the Middle East region - Nacif Rihani, Livestock Development Officer - FAO Subregional Office for the GCC States & Yemen (SNG)
14:45 - 15:30 Animal production sustainability: perspective and challenges
Join innovators and leaders from industry to explore how animal production can sustainably contribute to food security in the region.
- Case Study: NADEC best practices in smart resource use - Fady Elassaad, Ph.D., General Manager: Quality, R&D Innovation and Regulatory Affairs, NADEC Foods
- Driving sustainability in the poultry industry - Dr. Rashid Dafalla, CEO, Emirates Modern Poultry Co. (Al Rawdah)
- New customised nutrition concepts for improved productivity - Speaker TBC, National Feed and Flour
What can you discover in the Open Innovations Theatre? View all innovations
The Open Innovations Theatre will feature presentations from around the world including In Ovo’s gender typing device to improve animal welfare and efficiency poultry industry. Dr Cather Simpson, Founding Scientist from Engender Technologies in New Zealand will present their innovation which is enabling dairy farmers to accelerate genetic gains in their herds and improve productivity. Animal feed and nutrition will be an important topic with presentations from nextProtein of their large scale technology that produces sustainable source of protein for aquaculture, livestock and pets. And Antoine Hubert, Chairman, CEO & co-founder, YNSECT and President & Co-founder, International Platform of Insects for Food & Food (IPIFF) will present their first blockbuster insect-based product which has tremendous results on animal growth and health.
Get FREE entry to all content - register today