Date Palm Production at GFIA Abu Dhabi
What you can see
The Sustainable Date Palm Technology Centre (complete with real date palms and irrigation system) will host a community of suppliers, projects and case-studies relating to water management, mechanisation, crop protection, pest control, post-harvest storage and handling.
Who you can meet in this sector. View the full exhibitor list
The likes of TEC-IB, Koppert Biological Solutions, Radicle Group, Date Palm Developments, Holland Agri-Machinery, B-Cat B.V., Abu Dhabi Farmers' Services Centre, King Saud University, Al Mohamadia Dates Farm, New York University Abu Dhabi, ICARDA.
What you can learn in the main conference. View the full programme
There is a main stage conference session on 20 March presenting the current situation of the industry including challenges and opportunities facing producers as well as activities and future developments by government, research and business.
12:30 - 13:30 Date palm production
- The importance of date palm production in the UAE: current situation and future developments - Ministry of Climate Change and Environment*
- Challenges and opportunities for date palm producers in the UAE - Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Services Centre
- Activities and plans in Saudi Arabia date palm production - Prof. Dr. Abdulrahman Saad Al-Dawood, Professor of Economic Entomology, Economic Entomology Research Unit (EERU), Department of Plant Protection College of Food and Agriculture, King Saud University
- Activities and plans in Oman’s date palm production - Directorate General Of Million Date Palm Plantation Project*
- Challenges and opportunities for date palm producers in the region - Dr. Mohammed Ali Bob, Farms Manager, Al Mohamadia
- Enhancing Date Palm Integrated Pest Management And Agricultural Extension Transfer Systems - International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas, Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority and Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Services Centre
- How to plant the best for the next generation - Date Palm Developments
Free workshops - organised by FAO and Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES TO ENHANCE DATE PALM CULTIVATION IN THE NENA REGION
20 MARCH, 15:30 - 17:30, OPEN INNOVATIONS THEATRE
This session will explore the progress made via innovative technologies to improve the productivity and income of date palm growers through
improved pest management, better water management and modern harvesting, processing and packaging techniques.
- Dr. Mohamed Dost, Regional FAO Crop Production Officer;
- Dr. Abdallah Ben Abdallah, FAO Date Palm Expert
- Dr. Romeno Faleiro, FAO Date Palm IPM Expert
- Dr. Abdelouahhab Zaid, Secretary General of the Award
Target audience: Date palm farmers, government officials, cooperatives, NGOs, scientists, media.
Get FREE entry to all content - register today